Sunday, January 25, 2015

          I'm sure you're all aware of this thing called Netflix. On it, I discovered an Australian TV show called Dance Academy. It's not quite like the American ones, but it's different in a good way. It doesn't seem to follow a specific trend, making it unique. The actors and the music is all Australian. Here's a scene from it when a music video was shot. I could tell you exactly what was happening, but that would discourage you from watching the show yourself. If you've run out of series to binge watch, here's one worth seeing. I love it and I'm sure many of you would, too.


          I did some looking around on youtube and came across this marvelous music video. It makes me happy. :D I would be twisting and jiving if I heard this at the club. The dancing is so cool and I love how they maintain the qualities unique to Indian music. Are you ready to feel the beat??


          Bohemian Rhapsody is one of very favorites. It's not quite from Indonesia. In fact, it's from the musical works of Queen. However, the instruments being played in the following video are Indonesian. It is called an Angklung. It looks golly good complicated to make, play, and understand to me, but they seem to have all mastered it. Props to them. I'll stick my little voice and staff paper. Anyways, this is wonderful. I hope you agree!


3 comments:

  1. It's interesting that while the second video is clearly Indian Pop music, it still has some traditional Indian instrumentation (real or computer generated).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really liked that rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody! I can't believe those complicated (to me) were being used in such a way apart from what they usually play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last video is really quite something, Faith--I've not seen those instruments before, and I've certainly never heard Bohemian Rhapsody quite like that! And I'm growing to really like Indian Pop music, too. Gotta get more of it.

    ReplyDelete